Sunday, March 31, 2013

Home renovation, stomach viruses, and parenting

Two days before the worst stomach virus E-V-E-R, we went to Mom's and went flower hunting:





And Uncle Ben taught Andrew about ear protection:





He got a screwdriver stuck in the shop vac hose (cute little problem solver)

YouTube Video

And then we got incredibly sick.



Yes, we. Andrew had trouble on both ends for a miserable, sort of frightening week, and the list of people who got it from him include Josh, Amy, Lisa, Scott, Ben, Emily, and Adam. I avoided it, which is no small miracle.
Sick boys


Pink socks seemed to make him feel better. What? Pink socks? I know. He picked them out of some hand me downs, I think.


Starting to feel better. Look how skinny! Ah!


Those of us who aren't sick are working non-stop on the house. It is really starting to look good.

Josh and Andrew planted a small cactus garden today.



(Doesn't that floor look awesome?!)


We did an Easter Egg hunt at the house today, which I realized was a super cute way to give you a glimpse at our progress.
The living room:

YouTube Video




The hallway and the extra closets we built in:

YouTube Video




Our bedroom:








Our bathroom:

YouTube Video


YouTube Video

Isn't this shower awesome?





And some rooms that got left out of the Egg Hunt: I am repainting the kitchen cabinets this weekend, so Andrew's room


and the guest room


are full of cabinet doors and drawers. I didn't take pictures of the kitchen or the playroom today because, since the other rooms are being finished, they are basically big piles of tools.






Still lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment