Today Mommy and I washed all our little guy's clothes and hung them up. We also finished setting up the nursery: cutting off tags, unpacking sheets and blankets, etc. I packed the diaper bag for the hospital with teeny outfits and warm things for him to come home in. I also packed a basket full of board books to put next to my chair in the living room for us to read together. hehe.
We had our last shower yesterday at Lisa's house and it was awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who has blessed our baby so richly these last 8 months. We have everything that we need for him and we haven't spent a penny. Our God and our friends are so good to us.
I go back to school tomorrow after break. My students are starting to get a little nervous about me leaving. All year we have talked about me having the baby "after Christmas." The time is here, and they are very concerned about when I will leave and how it will feel for them. I have a great substitute for my leave, and I am sure they will be fine, but any prayers people are willing to offer for my students would be great.
We still don't have a name for this guy, but we do have short list of names we like. I don't know if we will be able to decide until we meet him, which is driving our families a little crazy. Any suggestions?
Baby is HUGE at this point. He takes up every spare space in my tummy. The doctor says he is head down, but it doesn't keep him from twisting and kicking. His new trick is to stick his toes under my right ribs and wiggle them. He's cute. :-)
I was looking back over some of my previous posts and I couldn't believe what I forgot to show you! When we were at the fair in October we visited all our Village of Yesteryear friends, including Karl Johnson, a fantastic scissor artist who cuts people's silhouettes free-handed in the village. When he found out about the baby, he asked if we had an ultrasound profile, and of course I had it on my phone. He was able to cut the profile from the picture on my phone! Isn't that cool? We will find out soon if it looks much like him. :-D
Well, you know my favorite from the list we talked about last night...I'm with Josh on this one! :-)
ReplyDeleteLoooooove you!
Oh Em! That profile is so cool! Did you know that growing up, my mom had silhouettes of my great grandma, grandma, dad as a boy, her and dad newly married, and Scott, Shawn, and I haning in our hall? I always loved them and wanted to get some cut of our kids, but hardly anyone makes them anymore. What a treasure. I can't wait to see this little guy! Wow!
ReplyDeleteI am still working on a special blanket for your little guy! hopefully I will have it done before he arrives!!
ReplyDeleteI think it looks like him:) - marisa
ReplyDelete