
I knew this day would come and go. Earlier in my pregnancy I was thinking it would be nice of the baby to wait until February so we wouldn't have to pay January insurance for only a day or two, knowing full well I would probably take that wish back as we got closer. I still feel pretty great, being 40 weeks pregnant and all. It's not that I am ready for it to be over. I am actually a little nostalgic already when I feel his little kicks and squirms. Pregnancy is a special time. But... I am ready to meet him already! It is getting harder and harder to be patient about seeing his little face! And I am not the only one. Every person I call on the phone picks up with "Are you having the baby?" Every person I see in the hall at school says "Are you still here?" Josh asks me at least 4 times a day when the baby is going to get here. Already this baby is so loved!
This is a picture one of my students took today for his blog post on our class blog, which I highly recommend reading. My students are amazing. There is a link to it in the side bar. Feel free to comment, the kids love it. I am glad I am working right up til the end. I think I would go crazy trying to sit at home and wait, and it is fun to have all my work friends along for the waiting game. A secret part of me hopes I will go into labor at school and Lynn will have to drive me to the hospital on the bus. Wouldn't that be a memorable field trip? I can feel your shocked expression, Aunt Kathy. Don't worry. We will definitely NOT do that. I don't want to try to explain the experience to my students. :-D
I did go to the doctor today and he said I am 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced, so he predicts the big day will be within a week. Woohoo for that! I have Sara on standby to update the blog from the hospital and Robin on the schedule to handle Facebook, for those of you who might follow that way. We will post pictures of our adorable little man and announce his name (still unknown to us) as soon as we can! Thanks so much for all the love and support through this. Can't wait to introduce you to our guy!
Hello way over there,,,,this is the Montana Papa Ron telling my Great-Grandson he is mighty handsome. Good job Josh and Emily: What a happy time for you both. Grama Cheri would have been in tears with her love and joy for you 3:
ReplyDeleteMake sure Andrew grows up knowing the voice of The Holy Spirit and all will be well.
Hugs to all of you with Love, Great-Grampa Ron